Wednesday 7 October 2015

Clash of Clans: Barbarian King Ability - Finally!


A little while ago I posted that I had earned my Barbarian King, and I was lamenting how hard it would be to get the Dark Elixir required to upgrade him.  I thought it would be a real struggle, and do you know what?  IT WAS!!!

Going through it is much more traumatic than looking back at it, where it didn't seem that hard at all.  Still, it is interesting how that relative perspective does change.

Each level required more and more Dark Elixir, but it was never truly out of reach, it just seemed that way sometimes...until, keeping the game alive manually ('cause I hate cheating), I got what I needed and the final upgrade to Level 5 was underway.

I was excited when I realised it wasn't long before he was awake again.  I had to take him through his paces in a real fight - and he didn't disappoint.  I had barbarians in my Clan Castle and let them loose to follow the big guy into the heat of battle.  A few hits to the Health Bar and BOOM!  Ability.  Rage.  Barbarian Rage.

It was awesome.  He wrecked.  It was worth it.

I don't know what that Dark Elixir does to him, but he certainly seems to enjoy it, and I enjoy the impact when it comes to a street fight.

So what next?

I know.  My Valkyries.  I know, I know...lots of people hate them 'cause they cost too much Dark Elixir. Still, for me, they have nearly 1000 Hit Points, they are fast, and they do excellent damage (and they look good doing it!).  They even position themselves to damage two buildings at once...and there isn't much better you can have in your Clan Castle.

Yeah, they are expensive, but they are a great asset to my attacking force.

Game hard.

Morgrim

1 comment: